|painting by Sharon Yamamoto|
Seems I've doubled my output from the Summer quarter (14 pieces) which was the start of my second year of Project Minima. But there were extraneous circumstances that summer to consider. See that report for details.
Noted trends from Project Minima Fall quarter:
- rehabbing, painting of shoes
- putting together bits and bobs for jewelry
- mending knit gloves
- buying some things:
- new patterns (they were drastically on sale online @ .99 to 3.99 ea.)
- new color tights (also drastically on sale under $4 ea with free shipping)
- second-hand shoes/boots: e-bay golden boots, e-bay red & orange
cowboy boot shoes, thrift store pink snakeskin ankle boots
- new concepts absorbed about design and construction for refashioning clothes
Read my thoughts about that after the break...
I can also buy some things, some times. But I don't need to get obsessed Or side-tracked with it. And perhaps it would feel better if I figured out a frame in which to do that - a budget, or a time, or an amount. We'll see. But I want that to be a back-burner kind of thing, if anything. hmmm.
Where are you at on the matter of buying new, thrifting, and/or making do?