Project Minima:

Friday, March 1, 2013

State of the Project Minima: Y2 Q3

Seems this Winter Quarter was a slower production period with a total of 14 pieces completed.  The items can be seen on the Clothes for Winter  page under Year 2.  On the other hand, I know I've doubled my ebaying...

painting by Antonio Donghi
Trends noticed from the last 3 months:

~  for the first time I had a 2-week hiatus from blogging that spontaneously occurred in mid February.  (I think this came about due to extraneous stress from outside obligations where something had to go.)
joined a Bra-Sew-Along and quickly dropped out when it seemed out of my league
bought more boots from ebay (2 pair of cowboy boots, 1 extra pointy brown, 1 black suede & leather and 1 pair extra pointy black leather riding boots)
buying more patterns, now from ebay
~  I'm working more from patterns and fabric, less from old clothes to be refashioned
~  Although I do tend to deviate from patterns and go off on my own design
~  I've really enjoyed using up scraps of fabric and/or mixing fabrics in one article I'm making


Some trends I'd like to see in the next quarter for Spring:

+  Much less ebaying (come up with a schedule or limit)
+  15 minutes a day/ a week of sorting an area
+   maybe start a project using every pattern I have...
+   do a swap...
+   figure out the self portrait-paper doll-clothes I'm wearing-drawing art project that's been on my mind

How's everyone else doing on their projects, goals and intentions?  What are some of your top to-dos or don'ts for the season?  I'm back to visiting y'all in the bloghood again.  yeah.


14 comments:

  1. Welcome back, dear Pao.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to be back in the 'hood, Sacramento.

      Delete
  2. I love hearing your thoughts. Several of your goals should be mine as well, especially the organizing one. I've never shopped ebay or any other on-line store except to get yoga pants in the right length. I think I'm afraid to open Pandora's box. I know myself and it could be trouble. I don't have too many patterns, either. Instead I use my old clothes.

    What kind of swap did you have in mind?!! Sounds interesting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jean,
      I just loved your photo shoot in the snowy landscape. You looked beautiful in your ensemble.
      Man, it's not the organizing, it's keeping it that way! Ai-yi-yi, e-bay is soooo easy. And since I don't go out to stores, thrift or otherwise, it's the next best thing. Loopholes in my commitment...The patterns keep me interested in different ways, especially some of the ones, like Vogue or unusual designer ones. You have a signature style that your designs follow and looks stunning on you. I think I bop around to whatever interests me, whether its fabric, structure, color, style or type of garment. Anyway, I don't know what kind of swap yet...it's just a thought bubbling away now and then.

      Delete
  3. I look forward to your famous artistic glory every week, but am so glad to hear from you at all. I can sew, from patterns, but it's been ages since I had time (or room) to sew.

    Oh, the great eDevil. I am planning a long period of unshopping including my own stuff severely (working on that this morning) and I'm gonna to find a patch for eBay and Etsy, I think :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo, I haven't gone to the etsy devil yet. I'm not going to either. I'm bad enough with ebay. No more shoes (or boots)! I'm still hung up on the 99 cent patterns though...

      Delete
  4. Oh the ebay... I have had to force myself NOT to look. I can always always find something I want on there. I have been thrifting, but much more choosy about what comes home.

    Swaps are so much fun. I love doing them, but most days I do a shop-for someone else and we send each other things. I know so few people my size, so swaps are hard.

    I wish I had better patience to learn how to sew, but thrifting gives me the thrill and clothes I need, sewing gives me minimal alteration skillz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. I have become thoroughly addicted. It was easy to stop going out to buy things, but this is so easy to slip into. I was thinking of just swapping informally (can you do it formally?) with friends at the Sewing Rebellion when we get together monthly. With fabric or patterns or whatever.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back, I've missed you! I've even had to resort to some manic patchworking to make up for my Pao fix!
    It's business only on ebay at the moment, no treats until I've paid for this season's festival tickets. Can I live vicariously through you? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's so sweet Vix, sniff, sniff. Where's my hankie when I need it? ebay away then, and may you sell out at the highest possible prices to those worthiest of your goods!

      Delete
  6. Missed you Pat!!!
    I'm finding I'm doing more apparel sewing as opposed to altering stuff I thrift. (if you can call making some skirts that!!) I've pulled out a couple of patterns and plan on some more apparel sewing for summer!!

    I can't wait to see whatever this self-portrait paper doll thing turns out to be!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, good for you on sewing clothes for yourself!

      I can't wait to see however this project transpires myself, it's tried to come into being a few times, but nothing yet successful.

      Delete
  7. I know what you mean about something having to go. In my case, I took off the whole month. I admire your ability to keep track of your goals. I have many lists scattered all over the place with ideas and sketches and things to do. My first goal should be to consolidate my lists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really why I started the blog, to keep me accountable. Otherwise it's too easy to get distracted or let things slide.

      Delete