Project Minima:

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Out of the Blue...

There I was sitting at home hand-sewing a couture item for myself (to be mentioned in a future post), when...wham! bam! thank-you ma'am!...I received this email from a heavy metal band in Geneva, Switzerland. 
  
~ painting by Marieloes Reek ~
Yeah, this is a True Story.

They're called Promethee (that's Prometheus pronounced and spelled in French, ya'all).  They wanted to purchase one of my mandala drawings, Day 203 to be precise, for promotional use with their band.  Yep.  Mathieu, the bass player, said they had stumbled upon my Mandala-a-Day blog and really liked my work. Uh-huh.

It wasn't for sale, since it was contained in a sketch book as part of a series I did every day for a year. So after some back and forth correspondence in which I thanked them for not just ripping it off the web, I ended up sending them a higher resolution jpg of the image.   Mathieu asked me to also write their band name (PRMT) in my own script, separately, so they could include it underneath the mandala.  1,000 are going to be made as promotional give-aways when the band plays next.  hee hee hee


So dudes, here they are playing a little something, something...




Well alrighty then.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I couldn't have made this up in a million years.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Your talent is being recognized. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The World Wide Web is quite an amazing "place."

      Delete
  3. Pretty amazing! I'm glad to see young men are still making this sort of noise with as much enthusiasm as they did in my day. In the nineties I used to go to local metal gigs with my best friend, we were usually the only two girls in the room. The boys usually had long hair in those days, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe Ramones with devil voice-over so you don't have to be distracted by any words.

      Delete
  4. Awesome!! You never know, do you?! I watched this excellent video. I hope that you can do a cameo in one of them... That would be too cool. They sing the way I dreamed of singing in my "band" which lasted about a month. And I cheer that these guys are so upright in their approach to using your art. Hey, you never know what the future holds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe your band will get back together for that world tour. You just need a voice distortion thingy like Laurie Anderson uses. Hey, tell PRMT that you know me and maybe you can open for them...

      Delete
  5. Oh, a very cool story - brightened my day. Interesting juxtaposition between the cacophonous metal and the sweet spiral of a mandela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. In this case, those sea shells may actually be functioning as ear plugs.

      Delete
  6. I'll have to listen to the video when I'm not at work. That's a very cool juxtaposition of metal and mandala - obviously your work resonated with them. I definitely think Melanie's band should open for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just listen to it with the volume off. It looks cool. Well they do tour Canada I see, so maybe Melanie can work something out...

      Delete
  7. How exciting! It is uncanny how much they resemble my son-in-law's metal band here in So Cal. Metal is a universal language, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here I thought no one would be able to relate to this post...

      Delete