Project Minima:

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Wearing That French Housedress

for MeMadeMay'18 on Day #6.

~ using the dry brush affectation ~

You know, so I look more like a French Impressionist painting.  hrmph.

Anyway, I'm referring to the nickname Marcy Tilton gave to her Vogue 8813 pattern.  I've made at least half a dozen of them, all from vintage tablecloths. I just couldn't stop.  Most combined 2 to 3 cloths, but this one was large enough to go solo.     You can see the others if you want to:  here, here, here, here, here and here (in reverse chrono order!)


~ ooo la la ~

As you can see, it's all embroidered and has cut-outs.  I was able to use the scalloped edges for the hem.


~ a look at both sides now ~

Not much was happening on the back, so I appliqued some of the embroidery work onto the back shoulder area and at the waist line.



And last but not least...

~ sweet shoes from ebay ~


It's that time again, so off I go to Patti and the Visibles at Not Dead Yet Style, Catherine's I Will Wear What I Like, and Cherie's Shoe & Tell when they all go live.  Hope to see you there!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my. I'm glad you didn't swear off this pattern, at least for my inspirational sake. Handpainted your shoes? Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I haven't made it lately. Not for the last 4 years or so.
      And no, the shoes actually are made that way!

      Delete
  2. I love this dress, and also your other tablecloth dresses. I live in Provence, France, and these tablecloths do not seem to exist here. Other tablecloths yes, but not the colorful embroidered ones. But I'm not giving up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I first got them from friends who gave them to me because they were fabric and they knew I sewed. When I ran out, I found them in thrift shops, and then ebay.

      Delete
  3. You kill me with your amazing shoe collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't help myself, Hollie. You know the feeling...

      Delete
  4. This is just so DAMN PRETTY! The embroidery and that sweet scalloped hem are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I hesitate wearing it because it's so sweet. But soon as I slip it on, it's true love.

      Delete