Project Minima:

Monday, August 13, 2018

It's Lounge Wear!

 
~ at full flight ~


Totally inspired from Catherine Daze's post and adapted from McCalls 7727 dress pattern.  I used some stretch poplin from my stash.


~ back view at rest ~

As Catherine states, the pattern runs very large, so I made it several sizes smaller than I usually would.

 
~ side view of high-low hemline ~

And I made it longer than their shortest option and shorter than the longest option.  (Yeah, I like it my way.)  I added side seam pockets (I mean really!).  Eliminated the sash belt (of course).  And kept the collar stand, but left off the collar proper.

 
~ bad photo (back lit) ~

But it does shows the front that has a hidden button placket.  That threw me for a loop, but after a few restorative naps, I finally figured it out.   I didn't do the gathered sleeve cuffs either because I knew I wouldn't be wearing them down and buttoned.



~ "What Is Real?" ~


Perfect for lounging around reading my true love's library book, What Is Real?



~ with my shoes from ebay ~


and now I'm off to Patti's Not Dead Yet Style, Catherine's I Will Wear What I Like (a different Catherine), and Cherie's Shoe and Tell when they all go live.


11 comments:

  1. Lounging like a boss, you are. While I don't sew, I still love reading about how you change up patterns. Of course, make it fit *your* taste, and you have the skills for it. Love this color too, xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabric is called Caribbean Blue, perfect for lounging. Even when it's just my little deck with the tomato plants...

      Delete
  2. Your top/dress looks so much better than what's on the pattern envelope. You look great in blue. Love the blue pants too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the pattern envelope is a total turn off. And Catherine's version is the opposite. Mine, runs somewhere in the middle. I forgot to mention, the pants are chiffon!

      Delete
  3. Perfect length and lots of volume without overwhelming. Such a cool serene colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kinda like your style too, eh Louisa. It's got a good swish going for it.

      Delete
  4. Wowser! loving that drama of that sweeping hemline and that shade of blue is my favourite nail paint colour. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Barry nail polish, isn't it? I knew it was a great color.

      Delete
  5. Oh Valerie, I think having it quite high in the front like at tunic length makes a difference. It doesn't really "cloak" unless you're swirling. Otherwise it hangs pretty straight and I'm not that tall, 5'5".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Louisa - the tailoring keeps it from being overwhelming. I really like a trapeze shape, and I would wear something like this all summer over sheer pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's what I did, unless it was too darn hot. Then I wore my Chicago Tropics ensemble.

      Delete