Project Minima:

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Resort Wear 2018

~ Yes, strike that pose ~

Just lounging about on my back porch as one does in the dog days of August.



But what am I wearing you ask?  My usual this and that.  The fabric is a border print challis.  The pants started off from Sandra Betzina Vogue 1355 which is a favorite of mine.   The top on the other hand, was a flop (my own fault) from Butterick 5955 because I made it a zillion times too big as well as situated the print poorly. 



~ Hey, what's that I spy? ~

But all that's changed now.  After hours/days/weeks of pinning, trying on, taking apart, naps and readjusting, I got to something I really liked.  Amazing.  I'm always amazed that can happen. 



~ ahhh, a little rabbit just hopped by ~


Why can't I ever remember that while I'm going through the process?!  




~ and then my shoes from ebay came in the mail ~

sweet.


And yay, I'm showing up for Patti at Not Dead Yet Style, Catherine's I Will Wear What I Like and Cherie's Shoe & Tell when they all go live. 


15 comments:

  1. I love pajama dressing. Yours is the best. Must try that pants pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whoa Barbara, my comment disappeared. I was saying that I just lower the crotch and/or raise the waistline on the pants pattern. Also, make sure to widen it at the ankle if you're not using a knit. (Ask me how I know).

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tips. Good to know.

      Delete
  2. No evidence of any flops here - you look relaxed and cool in this great print. Love, love the narrowing at the ankle. xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I flipped that flop, alright. Thank goodness. I'm getting so slow at sewing. But really it's alright. I've got plenty to wear as is.

      Delete
  3. All cool and comfy, you! Love the colours in your border print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Louisa, are you back from your trek already? Or are you doing tech on the trail? Luv the cargo shorts you made for the man. How cool is that?

      Delete
  4. Your results are better than your patterns; this is an ensemble that I cannot get the photos big enough to appreciate. AS for the not realizing you are going to get to something better by experimentation, well. sometimes that doesn't happen. And then there's that whole 'hopes vs expectation vs letting go and trusting the process' thang. The one that ends with the butterfly on the end of your finger when you stopped waiting for it.
    I feel sorry for butterflies. We heap all these analogies and allegories on them, and did they ask for it? NO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about the photos. I'll have to shoot some details for the sewing aficionados out there. I do think that process thing is a matter of time. And time outs, for both you and the garment. Sometimes years...

      Delete
  5. You are a work of art :-) Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find your posts very inspiring. I've been looking for ideas on how to reimagine/redesign/repurpose clothes I love but am outgrowing. (Mostly I feel crappy about my body embiggening...!) thanks for sharing your creative results and the process. I love hearing about "failures" that were just way stations on the creation road!
    ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome danae rem. That's what I was doing at the beginning of Project Minima - refashioning my clothes to fit and stopping buying clothes. Both were a huge relief and started the creative juices flowing. I haven't shopped for clothes (new or thrifted) since then. Oh, except for my ebay shoes. If you're blogging, I'd luv to see what you've got going.

      Delete
    2. No, I'm not a blogger - I guess you'd call me a wistful lurker. 😜

      Delete
    3. I appreciate your commenting, danae rem and here's to more creative inspiration coming your way!

      Delete