Time flies. And so do I, in circles, orbiting around my Mom's downward spiral, now in hospice. sigh.
|painting by Irene Ferguson|
Everything is okay, as well as can be, all things considered. yeah.
I've been sewing this quarter anyway, although not picture-taking. yet.
And I've just heard I'm next in line for the Traveling Yellow Skirt!
How cool is that?!
Just what the doctor ordered to get me out of the blues
and into sunshine yellow blogospheric fashion is serious sistah blissness.
Can I get it together to do stats...? I don't have anything posted that I made this quarter so it's not so easy to do...hmmm.
Ed. note: I've just posted all the items made in Fall Quarter on the Clothes for Fall page.
- Okay, well, my obsession with ebay shoes/boots has subsided. That is after a real rush in October. I think I'm done with it now. It was part of my de-stress sessions. (That, and napping. Major napping, like very long naps, several times a day, with cats.)
- Eventually, I was able to sew again after making only 1 thing last quarter:
- 2 necklaces created from bits and bobs
- camel-colored velveteen print pants made, remodeled, failed
- wild cotton print/ wild designed sleeveless top/vest/smock
- subdued mauve, sheerish, dotted swiss, blouse
- dress with black striped knit top, black leather suspenders and black gauze drapey skirt
- tie-dyed green to hot pink with gold elephants cotton print amazing zip up dress
- lovely reversible burgundy velvet, crushed deep orange organza, Egyptian tapestry and copper lame trimmed coat.
- Re-started the Sewing Rebellion last month, rotating our monthly meetings at each other's house. And gained another rebel! (Haven't posted anything on that yet either.)
- Oh, and one of the students in my watercolor class had inexplicably started to paint whatever I wore to class that day. Susan stated I was "inspirational" and that these paintings are being turned into a calendar for 2014!! Oh my. Talk about making my day!
detail of watercolor by Susan Silvano
I look forward to getting back on track, or something like it. I miss...everything.