Project Minima:

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

How the Yellow Skirt Woke Her Up

Truth be told, pao-land had been floundering twixt day and night, night and day.  Speculation arose that the lady's daily activities often went missing.  All things seemed quiet, brooding... And here, dear Reader, is where we now say the story began:  How the Yellow Skirt Saved the Nick in Her Time.

Some may find it surprising that the first thing our Pao did upon receiving such a gift,  - it is said by those who would surely know such things -  was to put it away in a drawer, its energy whelming all around it.  There it generated good medicine, until the lady was able to think thoughts along the same wave length, ideas of unique positivity, creativity, and community.   Our chant goes like this:

Pao gradually opened her eyes
and her heart
and her closet
to the here and now possibilities

The lady now knew what she needed.  A dose of Yellow Skirt energy in her every day life.  The story goes, that her thought bubble was so strong and true, it burst out loud: "I am going to wear the Yellow Skirt everyday for a week."  And she did.

first day of wearing Yellow Skirt as dress

 kimono top made from tablecloth given to me by Melanie of Bag & a Beret 

Tiki the cat left as I started to disrobe, leaving an interested rabbit

close up of silver flatforms
~ oh, and those creepers are now in Bella's shoe shine, yeah ~

22 comments:

  1. Oh, I looove this. Every aspect - especially the part about saving the nick in your time. The tablecloth is a brilliant kimono top and how wonderful that you could pair it so perfectly with the skirt, I mean dress. You are wearing the same vibe I am experiencing over here at the moment. Ideas weave in and out of time and space, yes. Beautiful. I look forward to what's next... What an honour to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I owe it all to you Ms. Melanie, the First Lady of our Yellow Skirt. Many, many thanks for all those good vibes.

      Delete
  2. That little smile up top of the silver-shod column of lemon light says it all. :) Its powerful energy had to "cook" a while for me too, and what a result! It calls just the right things to it, also iconic like our Vanya - in your case this amazing actually-from-Melanie cloth turned kimono, and those silver creepers - I have no words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, guess I'll show them off at Bella's Shoe Shine alongside your magnificent Swordfish boots. yum.

      Delete
  3. That table cloth turned kimono is awesome and I'm loving those silver creepers! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on tablecloth/ curtain/ bed linen couture. Creepers are the only way I can get heels as high as you, Vix!

      Delete
  4. Great idea! I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the outfits.
    Love the tablecloth kimono too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you Norma, I've been so impressed about your quilts and workshop!

      Delete
  5. I'm so happy to see you back and wearing the yellow skirt upon your return. You have been missed and I love to see your creativity and wit thrive once again for all of us to enjoy. The kimono top is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have more admiration for you now then ever. How you did it all with such grace and style during such tumultuous times...

      Delete
  6. OH PAO- what pow! I love the tone of this post- I too can relate to a drain of energy and how an idea/garment can spark one into action. You look wonderful- a perfect vehicle for the powers of the travelling yellow skirt. And those shoes! NO BETTER SHOES HAVE EVER GRACED A SHOE SHINE. They, and us, are meant to be. LOVE your pow-er!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Bella, well, they do shine a bit, don't they? Thanks for the thumbs up!

      Delete
  7. Oh I have enlisted for the yellow skirt, but you ladies make it hard for me to come up with something good. This is very creative. And I love the shoes.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have no fear, Greetje, the yellow skirt comes with self-propelling magic already to go.

      Delete
  8. Thank Hera for The Yellow Skirt! I have missed you so so much.
    Whatever it takes to get one out of a funk, take it as often as possible.
    Then get funky!

    Those are the shiniest shoes. S-i-l-v-e-r... I have wanted silver clogs forever.

    xxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea Anne, I've been missing you too! Gotta remember that: when one in funk, go funky. So true.

      Delete
  9. I swear that yellow skirt has truly magical properties! Glad it came to you when you needed it, Pao.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Louisa, me too. So nice to see you after that long cross-countries trek you took.

      Delete
  10. Wonderful start to your TYS experience, and I'm already moving ahead to the next posts. But I had to come back and say that I love the photo of you and your cat with your heads cocked the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad the arrival of the Yellow Skirt added a much needed glow of warmth and energy to your life. I think wearing it every day for a week is a great idea, and gives you a chance to experiment with it's various styling possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it couldn't have come at a better time. It really got me going.

      Delete