Project Minima:

Friday, December 13, 2013

The Yellow Skirt at Sunrise...and Mom

Here in Pao-land, the elders gather together during their transitional phase at a place called Sunrise.  It is settled in the middle of town, amongst all the liveliness a thriving metropolis has to offer.  It was there, then, the lady and her Yellow Skirt went to visit her one and only mother.

The Lady Accompanied by Her True Love at Sunrise

The great hall was festooned with the ancient symbols of a life celebrated whilst dying.  A tree cut down in its prime and ornamented.  Nature uprooted, brought indoors and be-ribboned along with tiny specks of colors twinkling day and night.

This is the scene our picture-makers reproduce most often, wherein the lady presents the Circle of Life to her Mother.

The Giving of the Wreath from Daughter to Mother


In actuality the Lady's Mother had made this Circle of Life her very self years ago, although she no longer remembers the fact. 

Check out those matching yellow socks!

The Lady's mother introduced Pao as her daughter to all those around her, and told everyone the story of the Yellow Skirt.  She was said to be very happy and repeated herself endlessly.  Afterward, Pao placed the Circle of Life on the front of her mother's door along with a photograph of this picture.  All who saw it smiled.


and yes, there's still more to come...

oh, and a gratuitous boot shot
...and I linked up with Sacramento's Share in Style Christmas here

and Sheila's Shoe Shine (a year later)!

18 comments:

  1. Your True Love is very handsome, you minx! I love the beautiful pictures with your mom. You continue to rock the yellow frock :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's quite an honour for the skirt. In fact, it's an honour that you shared this special Christmas occasion even without the skirt. I feel the love in your words and the photos.
    I am happy to meet your mother, the original owner of the fabulous Kiss of the Spider Woman dress - I bet she looked like dynamite in it. And your true love is quite a handsome guy! What a beautiful photo of you together. I like the wreath reference as a Circle of Life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seem my mom smile like that for a long time. She actually remembered the Yellow Skirt the next time I came to see her, although she didn't remember the photograph or the wreath.

      Delete
  3. I love these photos - the colours, the emotions, the tenderness, the awesome yellow skirt of awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she truly is awesomeness incarnate, that Yellow Skirt.

      Delete
  4. That was such a lovely occasion - I have tears in my eyes! Handsome True Love, Dear Mom, and Radiant Pao in The Yellow Skirt. Awwww...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous indeed, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Thank you soooooooooo much for joining the fun.
    Love and sunshine.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting a fabulous Share in Style for Christmas, Sacramento. It was grand.

      Delete
  6. Oh Pao, I love that you involved your Mum in the skirts adventures, that's just lovely!
    Isn't your true love a handsome man? He looks a bit like local boy, Robert Plant! You make a fine couple! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I tell ya Vix, you made his day with that comment about Robert Plant!

      Delete
  7. Pat, I am so moved by this post, with all its life and love and gratuitous boot pic. Thank you for sharing the precious parts with us, and with the Yellow Skirt permeating all, marking the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know the boots will get you every time, Amber.

      Delete
  8. Wonderful post! And I like to contrast of mother-daughterly emotion with the bikerized TYS outfit. It looks great with a black jacket and boots, and the scarf is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've come to feel that the TYS just goes with everything!

      Delete
  9. I jut love the picture of you with your sweet mom. I pray all I going as well as it can with her.
    I've been following along with your fab week yellow skirt wearing!!! Every way you've styled it is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad the Yellow Skirt made this happen! It will be tangled up with my memories of Christmas and my Mom forever.

      Delete