Project Minima:

Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Yellow Skirt Waves Bye-Bye

While on the last day, the lady bids adieu to her spirited companion - the Yellow Skirt - with a spot of hot chai amongst friends.

Cheers!
Ahh, and here they are now.
The motley crew

Some extra tidbits to notice besides her tie-dyed rainbow t-shirt with added sequins and refashioned teal suede with satin lapel jacket, are the lady's shoes and jewelry.

Elfin boots from e-bay

and necklace made from old earrings

Snow not only arrived for the first time this season, but continued to accumulate as the ladies made their departure from the cafe.   Thus, making the perfect photo op on the final day of Pao's yellow skirtness.

Flashing the Yellow Skirt on a snowy street corner

And finally, we find the lady at her doorstep, looking for keys...
Dear Reader, do you see Vix's sign?!!
Ah well, now we see Pao sitting on the porch.  Perhaps she's waiting for the door to open?
~ this too will pass ~
I'm sure it will all work out fine.


I'm going to be joining the Visibles at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style.
So come on over!

Acknowledgements:
I want to forever thank the most wonderous Melanie of Bag and a Beret - Vancouver, Canada for starting the Yellow Skirt on her world-wind journey and keeping up her archive.  And Shelley of Forest City Fashionista for taking such gracious care of her traveling agenda.

Many thanks also goes to Bella of Citizen Rosebud for her ShoeShine - Glitterati call, Sacramento of Ms. Papelicos for her Share in Style - Chrismas edition, and Patti of Not Dead Yet Style for her Visible Monday gathering.  All were timed perfectly for my Yellow Skirt adventure.

And now for (drum roll, puleeze) the infamous Trail Blazers of the Yellow Skirt with their one-of-a-kind photo stories (in order of appearance):  

Sarah of Misfits Vintage – Australia

Helga of HELGA von TROLLOP – New Zealand  

Edie Pop formerly of homesick blues – Italy (now defunct)  

Tami Von Zalez of Thrift Shop Commando - California 

Amber of Butane Anvil - Ontario, Canada 

Shelley of Forest City Fashionista - Ontario, Canada 

Megan of The Fashionable Bureaucrat - Ontario, Canada 

Ariane of Style Sud-Est - Montreal, Canada 

Tamera of The Menopausal Supermodel - Maryland, USA

Jean of Dross Into Gold - USA 

Anne M. Bray of Spy Girl - California, USA 

Margy of A Fool for Fabric - California, USA 

Sheila of Ephemera - BC, Canada 

Sue of A Colourful Canvas - BC, Canada 

Pao of Project Minima - Chicago, USA

~ The Yellow Skirt now travels to Skye of Color me Brazen - Vermont, USA ~

I also want to give thanks to my True Love, Mom, the Sunrise, it's staff and residents, tiki the cat, the Sewing Rebels, Boba the hairdresser, the painting group, Santa Ken, Susan the painter, Stella's cafe, the motley crew (you know who you are), the Chronicler and most of all thanks to you, dear Reader.  What?  Is that the music cut-off cue already?  whaaaaa............



28 comments:

  1. You and the skirt are a marvelous pair. And the snowy background is yummy icing (ha!) on the cake. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, quite the opposite weather of what you're currently enjoying. Thanks for being there for us, Patti.

      Delete
  2. You've done it. The Pao-edition is over and I'm sorry to see it go. I've enjoyed my ride, the glimpse of your snowy town and front door. Now you are not just in a painting, you're in a real live place with friends and coffee shops. Your boots (fab I might add) really do touch the ground.

    I thoroughly enjoyed this post!!!!!! Sending much, much love. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you've enjoyed the Lady's Yellow Skirted Adventures, I know I have. We truly are of a sisterhood now.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the shout-out love. Isn't the TYS magical?

    I think your booties gave the ensemble that extra oomph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a ride! I'm so happy you could play with the skirt for a while, Pao. I've enjoyed seeing her on her travels with you and in all the awesome stylings you've done. Those boots cannot be real but are surely something from a dream you had. You've really expanded FYS's social circle. I'm so jealous I'm not the one flying all over the world! Hugs, Pao. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a day(s) in the life of the Lady. But what a difference it made! A million-zillion thanks Ms. Melanie. xoxox

      Delete
  5. So beautiful with blues and greens with lovely friends and snow and amazing elf boots! (who is their maker? amazing!) What a way to cap off the adventure, and thank you for the re-cap, what a journey!

    Well done, dear Pat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elves, of course and Irregular Choice. (You should see their soles.) We're sisters-in-FYS now.

      Delete
  6. Awesome to have the whole list of yellow skirters in one place - thanks so much for that!!! And I am so shocked they tried to make you use the back entrance. I love seeing fellow Irregular Choice fans!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, that sign is on my front door. We've actually had people come right up on the porch to take a picture of it! Yeah, those elfin boots were a real steal on e-bay. My only pair so far...

      Delete
  7. What a trip! Love that photo of you, the skirt and the snow! Glorious! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Yellow Skirt series is oh, so sweet. It has magical powers and I'm glad you partook of them.
    xo

    ps: I fixed the link on your 52 Pick-me-up Plaid submission. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much, Anne. I didn't know what to do about it, there was no delete button to start over. You're a genius and a sweet friend! I couldn't think of anything plaid I had...and then...I remembered the flannel shirt/ pants.

      Delete
  9. Tks for the mention, you wear the skirt extraordinairement! I love it that it went from the Beach of Cuba to the street of Chicago, how cool is that?
    This skirt i tell you has such history, we have to write a book about it, make a press release or something -

    Arianexo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. How about a movie?! Or at least a music video.

      Delete
  10. A week in the life of...I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the yellow skirt light up your world this week Pao. I can't think of a better send off...chai tea, and a natter with friends!

    The boots with the turned up toe box!!!! Fantastical! I love them. And thanks for going to great lengths listing us all. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just what the doctor ordered, or what a difference a week makes. I've been touched by a Yellow Skirt. ok, ok. But I definitely feel part of a special tribe now, the TYSFS.

      Delete
  11. You gotz the skirt!!!! And you did right by it! Excellent, just excellent. So glad to see your face and form out and about. Oh, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good to be out and about again too, Jan. Now I'm trying to get my studio sorted out so I can be creative again.

      Delete
  12. I've loved your yellow skirt posts and the final one in the snow is just great. Those boots are fab too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you've liked the Yellow Skirt posts, Norma. I do believe it snowed just in time for a picture with her.

      Delete
  13. What a wonderful story! And the TYS is a great introduction to blogs (like yours) I should be reading more often.

    I love Vix's sign. In fact, I saw one here in Eugene, Oregon - no surprise there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually found the sign in Detroit and brought it back home to Chicago! It looks really antique, but was actually a new replica. I'm coming over to visit you now.

      Delete
  14. Your yellow skirt adventures have warmed my heart on a very cold Colorado day. It was wonderful to meet your Mom and your True Love. And share in the creativity, brilliance and love that you expressed with the magic of The Yellow Skirt. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judith. The Yellow Skirt gave me the oomph I needed. You're able to bring forth every post with style, grace and up-lifting beauty, sharing your magic from within, for us all.

      Delete