|~ painting by Lori Field ~|
hmmm, first quarter of the 4th year is over. Let's see what's happened here...
Gotta say I'm back in the saddle, working on a total of 22 items:
- The tablecloth dress series started in Spring continued this Summer with #s 3-7. I branched out with my use of vintage tablecloths to other styles of dresses and jackets, some of which I haven't even posted yet, but they are noted on my Clothes for Summer page.
- made a non-tablecloth dress(!), a sheer high-low dress
- made 2 pieces from Tina Givens free on-line patterns: her Plinka Pants and Kika Dress.
- Made 2 pieces from Folkwear Patterns. 1 flop turned Retro Alienwear and 1 cool-looking top thingy.
- Re-rehabbed a few things I hadn't been wearing, and now I like them much better. The baggy jeans and dotted Swiss top.
- Restyled and/or rehabbed 2 dresses, a shirt and an accessory to fit, to look better, you know.
- Painted/ distressed a pair of ebay shoes.
- I want to recommend a graphic novel that came out this summer, "Can't We Talk About Something More Pleasant?" by Roz Chast. My True Love gave it to me for my birthday in June and it was spot on. I only wished I had read it before, or even while my Mom was going through this ending part of her life cycle. I really didn't know a thing. And believe it or not, this is humorous. As well as so true and real.
- I participated in Melanie's VOGOFF! What a treat that was. I couldn't believe I was amongst the in crowd. woo-hoo.
- I need to clean up stuff. ok, I said it. Like areas of the house that I mess up and leave that way.
- And thank you to blogland and all you bloggers out there. (You know who you are, yeah, you're reading this.) You keep me inspired and gleeful and tuned in and encouraged and are sewtastic!