Project Minima:

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Not A Knit Lover...

in the wearing or the sewing of 'em.   And yet, last post I've got on a double fused knit dress and this week...


~ a nice relaxing op art knit skirt ~

It's the outrageous prints that get me.  Okay, but this one wasn't my fault at all.  It was part of a mystery fabric bundle sent to me for free.


~ using Butterick 6219 skirt pattern ~

Made a little too big, but, I didn't know about knits - how they can be made smaller than wovens.  But hey, it's still works.


~ nice boots, huh ~

worn with my velvet and linen trimmed crop top from Tina Givens Frankie pattern along with a dotted swiss cotton blouse from Simplicity 3786.


~ Harley Davidson Moto Boots from ebay ~

worn with lace-capped crew sox.  mmmm, delicious.


And now is the time for all good women to come to the Visibles party with Patti at Not Dead Yet Style!  To I Will Wear What I Like at Catherine's and Shoe and Tell at Cherie's when they go live.  See you all there.



16 comments:

  1. This is all wonderful, but I especially LOVE your BOOTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, delicious. I love that skirt, and I always wear mine on the big side, it just feels right. Thanks for linking your awesome self, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for hosting the Visibles every Monday, Patti. It's my motivation for posting every week.

      Delete
  3. Very very very pretty. Between the velvet and the knit I'll bet you slink around like a cat. A free mystery bundle of fabric? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of those offers from fabricmart.com. If I bought some fabric, they threw in one of their mystery fabric bundles for free. kinda fun.

      Delete
  4. me too - do not like knits - usually :-)
    but some of them are fab and worth a try. like your skirt - the jersey made for a pretty draping garment! the whole ensemble is chic and your boots are the burner ;-)
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, the boots are killer, aren't they?

      Delete
  5. The skirt and your gorgeous velvet top go so well together. Free mystery bundle of fabric??? You are lucky - is there more to come?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I turn by back for one second and come back to find flames on your feet and webs on your ankles?! Yeeeah, baby. I love this outfit. And I love the idea of mystery fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DAMMIT WOMAN! How do you keep finding all those awesome shoes and boots on Ebay? What size do you wear? Hmmm, a free bundle of mystery fabric, you say? Cool pattern and shape on the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl, I just keep a look out. I wear an 8 - 8 1/2 depending. I always ask for the length x width measurements. If I don't get them, I don't bid. The skirt's a real easy make...

      Delete
  8. What an amazingly exciting parcel that must have been! I'm not one for knits either but love those and adore your boots! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but sometimes I just can't resist the prints.

      Delete