Project Minima:

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Some Clothes Without Me


Yes, here's 3 dresses I've recently made that have yet to be pictured avec moi.


So here they are pictured without me: 

~ Tina Givens' Sam Dress ~

~ made in rayon challis ~

~ with contrasting striped neckline tie ~

I don't really see me wearing this as is.  It's a little too a-line skimpy for me.  I mean without layers somewhere, over, under.  Or as a nightgown.  We'll see.




~ same pattern, lots of modifications ~

~ in black and beige striped georgette ~

~ added shoulder/ sleeve cap ruffle ~

~ added hem piece with selvedge edges & side ties ~

I like this one much more, but I also made it a size larger along with all the mods to go under a specific dress.


This dress:
~ a wrap dress made from Simple Modern Sewing ~

~ using linen designed by Tina Givens ~

~ can also be worn open and center tied ~

~ luv the print and colorway ~

But the fabric itself is rather coarse, which is why I wanted to make something soft to wear underneath so none of it would touch my skin.  The Sam pattern fit the bill.  I think the striped one looks great with the Rorschach print.

There's more, but that's enough for one post, don't ya think?

Can I join the party of Visibles at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style without being in my new clothes?  Let's see what happens.




12 comments:

  1. Interesting stuff! Is the first dress the same pattern as used for your Man Dress? And I cannot believe your patience with the striped georgette. OMG... Of course I love the rorschach, fabric and dress design. Beat it on rocks until it's soft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh, the Man Dress. That was Butterick 5725, a unisex caftan pattern. This one was Tina Givens. If you click on the title of the pix of the dress, you'll go to her pattern of it.

      You have the best ideas, Coco. Beat on stiff rocks, until soft...

      Delete
  2. Fabulous fabrics and all of these look great - but will be better still with you under them. You can really sew, my friend. xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like clothes hanging on a door, I tell ya.

      Delete
  3. I enjoy your sewing but I adore your thinking. A teensiest part of prewashing fabric for me is: will it cozy? If still itchy, rewash. Repeat (with other items in washer, there are always more washing) until results in Wearable or Donatable.
    Which I guess makes this like the Prell shampoo directions: Lather, rinse. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yea, it's only been washed once so far...There's still hope for softness in its future.

      Delete
  4. All of these are awesome! My fave is the first one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, of course, Hollie of Modern Colors.

      Delete
  5. I do admire all of these! The first is a wonderful colour, the georgette is gorgeous, and the rorschach print is wonderful; I look forward to seeing the latter two together and inhabited, and to seeing what combination you will come up with for the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of the three, the wrap dress is my favourite but that may be because of the pattern on the fabric. I am a fan of stripes as well. I definitely prefer to see your dresses with you in them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. I'm coming dressed and all...

      Delete