Project Minima:

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Is It Black or Is It Blue Now?


~ you know,  ~






~ Wearing this reminds me of that quote. ~


I discovered the top and matching pants in the deep recesses of the archive, tried it on and it fit.  It's made out of a dark midnight navy faux suede fabric.  I cannot for the life of me remember making it, much less wearing it.  It's so, so, ultra plain, minimal even.  Because of how small it is, it must be over 30 years old.



~ it's an utter mystery ~


I dashed of the mesh damask lace under shirt to wear with it cuz it was just too darn odd without it.  I left the little toggle unbuttoned at the mandarin collar neckline to expose some lace.  And added a small antique brooch.   I didn't want to over do it either.

I'm sure if I wore it as it was you wouldn't have recognized me at all.



~ with my Doc Martin Mary Janes from ebay ~



I'll be joining Patti and the Visibles at Not Dead Yet Style and Catherine's I Will Wear What I Like when the time is right.  Come on by.



14 comments:

  1. Maybe you should give this girl a call. She looks pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking fab, Pao, and yeah, the damask makes it more recognizably YOU. And you're a slim one, to be shopping from the back of the closet! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even the back of the closet. Back of the archives (which is code for depths of the enclosed back porch!)

      Delete
  3. This outfit fits you so well, I can't believe it may be over 30 years old. Love the deep blue, the damask is so beautiful!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellibelle. It was a shock all around. That I found it, that it fit, and that I had made something so plain and couldn't remember it at all.

      Delete
  4. What a great find. I agree that without your stylish tweaks it wouldn't be the same. Love the Joan Didion quote--so true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, KimMalk, that Didion quote just struck me as right on!

      Delete
  5. It is definitely a more minimalist outfit than I'm used to seeing you wear, but I like what you did with layering the lace undershirt. There's no way I could fit into anything I wore 30 years ago, so BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is weird, Shelley. Like I'm time traveling or something with my clothes.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yea, cynthia, we're on the same wave length here.

      Delete
  7. I love how this shows that even the most inobvious candidates can be integrated in to your own style. Such versatility in clothing. This is such a good look - I am a big fan or black + blue. In pic #2 you look a bit like Bob Dylan <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, must be the shades?! I've been harvesting old clothes that fit now and negotiating them into the wardrobe lately. Very interesting process.

      Delete