Project Minima:

Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Yellow Skirt Visits the Hair Dresser

There is some discrepancy between our picture-makers and our word-writers about the order of happenings once the Yellow Skirt came to Pao-land.  Be that as it may, questioning whether the cow came before the milk is age-old and better left to rocket scientists.

Here is our lady dressing for the hair dresser.  Notice the spy glass she uses to get an objective view of herself.  This is an unofficial depiction of Pao and the Yellow Skirt in a more private moment.  The public, of course, just love it.

 The YTS, tie-dyed golden elephant dress & lipstick boots w/ roses


Titled 'Apres le Haircut at the Salon, Duet, with the Lady's Hairdresser of 30 Years'
a small metal paper fastener clips the Yellow Skirt (now dress) to form soft folds


And the Yellow Dress is Revealed along with the Fabulosity of an Excellent Cut of Hair


Not to mention, the Lipstick Ankle Boots rehabbed with Tiny Roses


...ah yes dear Reader, more is yet to come...

20 comments:

  1. ...interesting...one my first thoughts when I received the yellow skirt was how it reminded me of going to the hair salon, LOL. Now I see that it was the yellow skirt asking me to take her to the hair salon! Kudos to you for listening!

    Love those boots Pao!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that rustle she makes, you know. You can't help but bow to her wishes.

      Delete
  2. How funny about the hair salon! Yes, I was noticing how great your hair looks, Pao. Your idea about the paper clips is genius. I love how they add definition and interest to the lemon. Your dress and boots are amazing pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's just a shampoo, cut and dry that Boba does every 2-3 months for the last 30 years on my very straight, very thin, very fine head of hair. And the binder clip did work wonders on stylin' her Yellow Dresship.

      Delete
  3. Her Ladyship is looking wonderful. Loving the colorful background with the ensemble. Xxxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, quite nice how the salon worked with my color scheme.

      Delete
  4. Captivating new look for the Yellow (formerly) Skirt. Show us more! And it's wonderful you and your hairdresser have stayed together for 30 years - with a fab haircut to go along. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti! I'm coming over for this Visible Monday for sure. I've missed you and the party for so long. Thanks for always being there.

      Delete
  5. Amazing palette with the Skirt's decoration, Elephant coat, and stupendous boots! A connection of 30 years - what a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, one of the first people I found when I moved to Chicago and we've stuck together ever since.

      Delete
  6. You look so fabo in your new yellow dress, I'd be tempted to delay its travels indefinitely :) I love your hair, too. Salon days are such pick-me-ups!

    Much love,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Combine that with a yellow skirt and you've got major mojo.

      Delete
  7. You look really fab! I love these yellow dress oufits.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that the Yellow Skirt goes with just about everything in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  8. You're giving that skirt the time of it's life! She'll never want to leave! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the skirt with that jacket. I love that it got so much wear on its stop with you. The Yellow skirt project is definitely one of my favorites to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily it's nigh indestructible. And comes super-duper charged with good vibrations.

      Delete
  10. Lipstick boots with roses?!?! Lovely - a worthy base for the TYS.

    ReplyDelete