Project Minima:

Monday, October 10, 2011

One Way or Another

photo by Nina Leen
...I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha.  And that's what I did.

I really needed some garters for all those thigh highs I made when I cut off the legs of my too small tights.  I thought they would just stay up with some elastic stitched together kinda like a rubber band, but no way.  I was walking around with baggy socks, man.  I didn't want to break my no-buying streak of 4 months for something as dumb as garters!  Yet I could not think of any other way to hold up stockings.

Garter Barter was put in motion.  I traded an amber necklace I picked up on a trip to Egypt for...wait for it...mattress garters.  yeah.  Check out my garter apparatus and the stash from whence my necklace came.

No comments:

Post a Comment