Project Minima:

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Little Dab of Neon

~artwork by Mary Virginia Carmack~
Put patch pockets on an old linen/cotten shirt I had and painted the buttons to match.  yep.  I had a scrap of knock-your-eyes-out yellow broadcloth that was just the right size for pockets and I had the same color fluorescent acrylic paint to do the buttons.

My, my, once I got started...some old canvas tennis shoes that I have never worn came under the brush.  I painted them like saddle shoes and I think they look cute as a...button?

You can see me with my neon on the Clothes Collage page 

2 comments:

  1. The neon pockets, painted buttons and painted shoes are so creative and unique. You are a never ending surprise with every post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks SC, I take that as high praise coming from you! Congratulations on coming out in book form by the way of The Advanced Style. Now that is cool!!!!

      Delete