Project Minima:

Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Look of Linen

painting by Meredith Frampton.
Knocked out a rehabbed linen skirt today.  It used to be a wrap around straight skirt, ankle length.  It's the same length, still straight, but now it's more like seamed up rather than wrapped around.  I used the 3 button holes and just moved over the buttons to fit.  Then added decorative buttons with tassels down the side seam and slip stitched it closed,

leaving about 18" for a kick pleat (or whatever its called).  Anyway, it came out really nice and comfortable too.  Surprise, surprise.  I found a bunch of stuff to wear with it right off the bat.  So check out what I put together on my Clothes Collage page under "Linen Looks."  Go on, now...

4 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with the skirt! The tasselled bits are gorgeous, and your pairing with this painting is spot on. I foolishly thought Meredith Frampton was a woman - I had to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did I, in fact I had the name wrong at first, indicating it was by the sitter, Marguerite Kelsey, rather than the artist. This one's at the Tate. A British artist painting in the 1920-40's, Frampton's done some other cool paintings as well.

      Delete
  2. Buttons with tassels! I love any type of movement in accessories, so this is fabulous. Now that I'm aware of your 'clothes collage page' I can view more of your outstanding creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's like a treasure hunt, bits and pieces here and there on the blog - as I expand my original intentions.

      Delete