Project Minima:

Monday, May 29, 2017

Blue Gray on Memorial Day

~ Tina Givens Phoebe Top and Plinka Pants patterns, modified ~



~ with broken glasses necklace ~


~ and ebay spray-painted boots ~

I will be trotting on over to Patti and the Visibles at Not Dead Yet Style, Catherine's I Will Wear What I Like, and Cherie's Shoe and Tell.   MeMadeMay'17 is still going on here and on my pinterest board.  Do check it all out.




~ but first, let's just take a few moments to Imagine ~



Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today.
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one.
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you






Peace out,
pao

14 comments:

  1. Ahh, John Lennon's song makes me so emotional. Just imagine. You look cool and smart as always, love the new necklace. xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know. I get teary every time I hear it, or even imagine it. It gets more relevant every year...

      Delete
  2. Wouldn't it be nice if they'd listens to John's words all those years ago, eh? So much for things only getting better.
    Fab outfit, gorgeous colours, groovy textures. Keep on rocking, Pao. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm imagining as hard as I can! And you look breezy and fresh in your blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Action is gotta be making its way up next, right?

      Delete
  4. Yaaaaaaaaaaay Pinterest. SUCH a clever necklace!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And do I have the broken glasses for making them!

      Delete
  5. Yup, just imagining that song gives me tears in the eyes, too. Love your outfit, what a fabulous assemblage of fabrics and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I've had these pieces for a long while, but had never put them together before. duh.

      Delete
  6. hello! I really love your version of the plinka pants better than the original. May I ask what arterations did you do? I see you made the bottom narrower?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Luala Dy, you know this was the first TG pattern I made way back in 2014 and I can't remember altering it. I do recall I got confused with the "instructions" for the bottom ruffling and added a ribbon. Or maybe you're referring to the side tucks?

      Delete
    2. Perhaps, all I notice is that on the original pattern the leg is very wide, while on your photos it is quite fitted

      Delete
    3. Yes, I did make a tuck on each side near the bottom ruffle to bring it in some.

      Delete