Project Minima:

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Clothes with a View

Everyday it's something new.

~ Like today's view from my front porch ~

Let me take you on a tour.


~ First up, the dumpster than appeared smack in front of our house one day ~

and then stayed for two weeks, so far.


~ then the day-glo, spray-painted writing on the sidewalk arrived ~

All I can decipher is the OK and the arrows bracketing it going in opposite directions.  This appeared between the dumpster parked on the street and our front door.


~ The piece de resistance is across the street ~

Has been there for days.  ...body bags?

Am I the only normal thing in the neighborhood these days?

I mean, let's look at this scene again, all right in front of my front door.

~ Is there a message here? ~

nah, I didn't think so either, but it was a great backdrop for my screaming coral colored clothes.

~ Tina Givens Greta Dress and Pants pattern ~


~ Trippen Vivienne shoes from ebay ~


Speaking of which, I'll be trippin' on over to Patti and the Visibles at Not Dead Yet Style, Catherine's I Will Wear What I Like, and Cherie's Shoe and Tell when they all go live.   See you there.

Still hanging in there photo-ing daily on my MeMadeMay'17 page and pinterest board.  Check it all out.


16 comments:

  1. Gee, hopefully they aren't going to tear down your house when you're not home! Houses disappear here all the time - though I'd like to think they got permission first.

    Very cute pantaloons! And those are my favourite Trippens too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you're the best part of all the scenery :-) Must be so aggravating to have all that going on and not a word or explanation. Set up a yard cam, find those midnight dumpers! Meanwhile, you really do look cute, love the colors and prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as long as I have something cute to wear...

      Delete
  3. LOL...I was expecting the ANSWER! Never mind, it really is all about you and your divine Tina Givens ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bags are "soft dumpsters". The marks on the sidewalk are from thr power company. At least here the power co uses orange paint. Marking where it is safe to dig. There should be sign of new or re construction nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh, so now we have a choice of hard or soft dumpsters on either side of the street. And the power company has given the OK to dig up our sidewalk. gee. Thanks for scoop, corkpop.

      Delete
  5. I know this doesn't apply to YOU but the view made me think of the terrible TV show "Hoarders." We now hope it's just the electric company. Loving your bright coral pieces. xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that's the message! I knew my sewing space was getting a bit un-tidy (more like a rat's nest).

      Delete
  6. I'd have been in there, looking for useful stuff we could use in our house - most of our doors, fireplaces and skirting boards came out of a skip!
    Love that outfit, those bloomers are insane. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much in this one but rotted wood, cracked concrete and dirt. But we have picked up lots of cool stuff from the alley.

      Delete
  7. Houses disappear in my neighborhood much quicker than they used to. Don't care so much about the houses as I miss the families that lived in them. The new house is prettier but the people are never home, as they have to work more jobs to afford the shiny house. The purebred lonely dog they bought because HOUSE sings a very sad song to the other lonely dogs down the street. On the other hand, the yard workers and the dog walkers are very nice people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the old neighborhood still stands with it's almost 100 year old houses. People might remodel a bit, build a deck, but no tear downs.

      Delete
  8. Hmmmm, you do have the makings of a good mystery there. I did notice the brilliant colour of your outfit before I saw the dumpster, so it's obvious what's important in the photo ;) I love the shape of those pants.

    ReplyDelete