Project Minima:

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Miyake on My Mind

And now on my body!

~ Vogue 1544, Issey Miyake shirt pattern ~

Man, his designs always blow me away, they are so amazingly put together.  Pure genius.  Of course it takes me a few weeks to make one, since I've never sewn anything like them.  And each one is a totally different animal.


~ made from "ice blue" linen ~


~ I used some scrap white embroidered linen for the insert ~

Hey, you can see my True Love taking the pix in the window reflection!



~ awww, little sea shell buttons ~


~ I know, you're thinking it looks like a night shirt ~



~ but really, there's all these amazing details ~


Like the back center hem buttons up to the front center hem, forming a pant like structure.  Yeah.  That's how I'm wearing it for the pix.  And it hangs beautifully.



~ shoes from the ole ebay ~


I'll be heading on over to Patti and the Visibles at Not Dead Yet Style, Catherine's I Will Wear What I Like, and Cherie's Shoe and Tell when they all go live.  Come on by.

I also have to get caught up on my MeMadeMay'17 page and pinterest board.  Yikes.  I'm getting on it.

23 comments:

  1. I love all these pastels footed by the bolt of cobalt that is that insane pair of shoes. I also like clothes one can play with. You can really see from the pics here how gloriously that fabric drapes, and almost can feel it. Spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insane shoes, you say? I know, you mean it in a good way. Cuz they are so cute and comfy, as is that shirt. Me too, I like clothes I can play with, for sure.

      Delete
  2. Your version of this pattern looks great. Did you have to alter the neckline at all? I remember it being quite tight when I made it years ago. Have you ever made the other view?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. The only thing I altered was adding side seam pockets. Oh, and changing fabric for the bib insert. Really, there were no pockets! No, this is the first one. And I like this view the best. I'll probably make more in different fabrics.

      Delete
  3. I'm stalking you on Pinterest now!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright, Hollie. I'll be on the look-out.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, the details are so amazing. His designs really fit your vibe. I often get reflections of my True Love too. xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how that happens with True Love, eh Patti?

      Delete
  5. How did I miss that Issey pattern before? Grampa shirt with a twist! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, Louisa. The long version looks like a choir robe...

      Delete
  6. I did not know that shirt did that! Must not have looked at the tech drawing closely. And all this time I just thought it was a big ol' shirt!
    And the shoes! Ah! Oh MY. All swelligant as ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I didn't either until I was sewing along. They don't really show a view of it, not even in the line drawings. But it is so cool how it works and you can't even see it's happening the way it drapes.

      Delete
  7. I didn't realize the shirt front and back snapped together either. Does it make walking awkward, I wonder? I love this look and the shoes are phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well actually it has two horizontally placed buttons at the back hem and 2 buttonholes at the front hem. No, no problem walking, sitting, it's made with plenty of room. I'm wearing it like that throughout all the photos.

      Delete
  8. Love it--and those buttons are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heehee, so sweet, aren't they? Just to keep the Grandpa-ness out of it.

      Delete
  9. Lovely, interesting, great fabric. And those shoes...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia. Great blog style you've got going on...for years and years and years. Thank goodness.

      Delete
  11. I really like Miyake's designs, or anything oversized with a Japanese vibe. The shoes are perfect with the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this pattern!!
    You make the best clothes.
    You've inspired me to make & wear what I like over the years.
    Now that giant collection of vintage linens I've been dragging around forever is well on its way to becoming my clothes.
    So thank you. I have disassembled several of my favorite old BlueFish tops, and Flax bedskirt bloomers to make 'new' patterns for myself. Much more reliable than the TG patterns, lol.

    ReplyDelete