Project Minima:

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Because 2 Sheers Can Make It Right

Installation by Helen Storey
Okay there's been many days since I was here last, but it was not for lack of doing.  Heck no, I was doing like crazy.  I am happening, man.  I have so many pieces going I just can't stop.  Really.  I am having fun.  And just so you don't get worried - this is not in a bad way.  no, no, no.  A bit obsessive, yes, but that's me with my laser vision when I get onto some creative idea.

Enough about my process. Here's what I've been working on:  I completed a dark navy sheath.  I don't know what it would actually be called, but it's very simple and comfortable and lightweight.  Originally made awhile back and never worn, now I cut off the top/yoke, added some wide straps and side extensions and that's it!  But it got me going onto all these other dresses because it's somewhat sheer and I thought it would look too cool with a sheer undershift...or maybe a sheer overshift.  So I went through my closet and fabric stash for other sheer-ish stuff and, well, that'll just have to be another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment