Project Minima:

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Little Trim Will Do Ya

painting by Lori Field.
Dolled up a couple pair of too-short pants with some oddments I had laying around the studio.

The first pair was of a lovely deep blue brocade, store-bought ages ago.  I was able to take down the hem to get another inch-and-a-half in length.  Found just enough large navy ric-rac in my doo-dad stash to circumnavigate the hem of each pant leg.  Attached it so only half of the ric-rac shows (i.e., the top half was hidden on the inside of the pant). It's the only way I can abide using that trim. 

The second pair I had made long ago out of double gauze dark navy fabric.  Had some 3-inch wide dark

navy lace which I added to the bottom hem and then on up the outer side seam about 6 inches.  That way the lace met up with a row of tiny decorative buttons that ran along the side seam. 

And that's it. Both refinements added just enough length to make me feel comfortable wearing the pants, + added some interest at the foot line.

No comments:

Post a Comment