|painting by Lori Field.|
The first pair was of a lovely deep blue brocade, store-bought ages ago. I was able to take down the hem to get another inch-and-a-half in length. Found just enough large navy ric-rac in my doo-dad stash to circumnavigate the hem of each pant leg. Attached it so only half of the ric-rac shows (i.e., the top half was hidden on the inside of the pant). It's the only way I can abide using that trim.
The second pair I had made long ago out of double gauze dark navy fabric. Had some 3-inch wide dark
navy lace which I added to the bottom hem and then on up the outer side seam about 6 inches. That way the lace met up with a row of tiny decorative buttons that ran along the side seam.
And that's it. Both refinements added just enough length to make me feel comfortable wearing the pants, + added some interest at the foot line.