Project Minima:

Monday, January 30, 2012

Transparency in Sewing & Art

artwork by Matthew Cox.
Practiced french seams and making my own bias tape (!) with this number - a black nylon shell, I guess you'd call it.  I plan to wear it as a layering device, you know, over or under things, especially since it's transparent.

I used the Happy Homemade Vol. 1 Japanese pattern book as a basis for it, but strayed so far from it, I doubt you could tell it's from blouse S originally.  I thought I graded the pattern to my measurements, but it came out far, far too big.  Thus the cute plackets at the neckline center front and back, not to mention the 4 inches taken in at the armhole sides.  But hey, it's a learning experience and causes me to do things I wouldn't have thought of otherwise...

No comments:

Post a Comment