Project Minima:

Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Golden Section

Indian Miniature, Muhammad Afzal artist,
Freer & Sackler Galleries
And now...the golden ruffled tunic re-fit.  Had to cut off the long sleeves to use the fabric for side inserts and bottom ruffle extension.  I was originally going to just use another fabric, but nothing seemed to click with it.  Turned out one of the sleeves had a water stain and I had to work around that too.  As it was, I had barely enough to make do, using seam binding for a hem and also to attach the ruffle to the tunic.

I just love those buttons.  They're really substantial, so I added more interfacing under the facing and resewed the buttons on with anchor buttons behind them.  I'm still not sure about the short sleeves though...maybe I'll do something else with it down the line.  Meanwhile I have worn it layered over a black silk long underware top and paired with those gaucho pants I re-modeled recently...

No comments:

Post a Comment