Project Minima:

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Know when to Walk Away...

Germination by Gina Litherland
"You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em..."  I kept hearing that phrase humming in my ears as I was wrestling with this piece.  And believe me, I was ready to do both on any given day.  I guess the latest is holding on.

Anyway, I was reworking an old sheath I made long ago out of

some funky leopard + op-art print fabric.  Not only that, it had an asymmetrical hem and matching boxer shorts to go with it!?!  yep.  So it was another nothing-left-to-lose proposition.  And as usually, it no longer fit.

I ripped apart all the seams on both pieces.  Decided to go with my new Japanese Pattern Book for guidelines on sleeves and cut off the very top of the sheath to do so.  yada yada yada.  I found similar color prints to use as side inserts, used the original sleeve for a huge pocket on one side, and the boxer shorts for the new raglan sleeves.  Long story short, I paired the tunic with the wine skirt redo from the last posting, a cotton turtle neck, lace-up boots and wore it to school today.

2 comments:

  1. How fun to use boxers for the sleeves. I love this painting you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsay,
    Use it or lose it I always say...Thanks for lookin' and commenting too! I sure do appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete