Project Minima:

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Another Accidental Outfit!

for MeMadeMay'18, Day 20


~ whoa, I'm all striped up ~

First, I had this skirt under a dress with the vest on top.  And then a light bulb went on.  Hey, that would probably look much better if you just lost the dress.  So I did.  However, I did replace it with a top that happened to be striped too.  Well, then I had to go with striped sox.  Another accidental ensemble came out.


(The camera flash was accidentally on for this pix.)
~ excuse the washed out face, et. al. ~

Again, I've never worn these things together before.  Even though they're made out of the same material!  What is my problem?  Am I blind?  That's what MMM does for me.  I get out of my routine of wearing the same things in the same ways.  

So the skirt is from a Marcy Tilton Vogue 8637 pattern.  The vest is from McCall's 7416 made rather large.  It's so oddly shaped, I really like it.  I believe I changed up the back a bit, but I can't really remember any more.



~ Dream Happy Boots from Trippen via ebay ~
And that's really their name.
And they are.


It's about that time to link up with Patti at Not Dead Yet Style when she goes live later today.  I'll also be joining Catherine's I Will Wear What I Like and Cherie's Shoe & Tell when they come on.  Hope to see you there.



12 comments:

  1. Stripes overlaid with stripes making shifting plaids. Allllright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s such a fun vest! Can’t believe I never saw that pattern before. Works perfectly with the skirt too. I’m really enjoying your MMM, pao!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, Louisa. I can't believe I hadn't thought to pair the two together before. duh. Thanks for your MMM support.

      Delete
  3. So funky, so great. I need those shoes today!! xox

    -Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can have them, or some just like them, Patti. Check out ebay right now!

      Delete
  4. Utterly fabulous and don't get me started on the shoes! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just absolutely stellar. I'm madly in love with this outfit. Something about it reminds me slightly of fashions of the 1910s, as well. Of course the shoes are dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think it's the stripes? I'm thinking this is a good uniform to make again in other fabrics. Thank goodness for MMM or I might never have put it all together.

      Delete
  6. Well, I hope you're happy because as soon as I saw this vest I hopped to eBay and bought the pattern. Your MMM posts are costing me money! Seriously, an incredible outfit. I passed this pattern up when it came out but after seeing yours I changed my mind. Thank you for sharing all your makes with all of us, you are such an inspiration to so many of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, corkpop, do show what you do with it. It's so nice when something really works out. I hope to make a match-up of these two patterns again. They really work well together, don't you think?

      Delete