Project Minima:

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

MeMadeMay Returns


and so do I!



~  in the Lock-Down version ~


~ May 5 and it's still cold out, brrrrr! ~


What am I wearing, you ask?  Other than comfy-wear, it's a cowl neck sweater top from Simplicity 9014.  I made it in a sweater knit from stash.  With enough left over to create some baggy pants based on some pattern or other.  Probably New Look 6533.
As you can see, I just left it with raw edges that automatically turn and roll up to reveal the gray underside.  I sort of liked that.



Speaking of raw edges...
~ here's some silly satin sneakers from ebay ~







~ and yes, I made this too ~



~ Yeah! ~





Even though I'm showing up late for the game, I'm gonna give it my all to make it through the rest of May wearing my handmade clothes...and photo documenting the process.  



Ready, Set, Go!

6 comments:

  1. The fabric is a pretty print and you look very comfy. I don't, yet, have enough items to participate in Me Made May. A lot of us are wishing we had your fabric stash--I may have to do a Scarlett O'Hara and pull down my draperies-hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KimMalk, You can participate in MMM however you'd like...propose to wear MMM items once a week or whatever works for you. aiyiyi, my fabric stash will last at least 2 or 3 life times, I'm afraid. What was I thinking?!

      Delete
    2. Okay, thanks for the head's up/encouragement. Shhh, I bought a twin sheet from eBay to make a pair of full pants. ;)

      Delete
    3. woo-woo, can't wait to see 'em!

      Delete
  2. Love the outfit and the pink sneakers. Having seen your outfit maybe I will make leggings from the grey with large yellow polka dot jersey as well as the tunic. All the best for the rest of MMM. I could do the clothes but wouldn't remember the photographs! Always look forward to seeing your outfits inspiring combinations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My leggings are always baggy skinny pants. I just don't care for really tight things. Speaking of which, I'm always shocked to see how old I look in the photos as I age, but I just keep telling myself to suck it up, and no photoshopping! Nevertheless, I make it my daily duty every May to document and post for MMM. Then for the rest of the year I barely make it once a month. Thanks for stopping by tpotty.

      Delete